I’d be honored if you’d consider “liking” my Facebook page, or subscribing to my RSS Feed. Or better yet, receive some Love straight to your inbox by entering your email in that box to the right! Love is way better than junk mail!
I am pretty proud of myself that, with the exception of my Clue Party dress, I didn’t over think my wardrobe choices too much for Alt. Also, with the exception of my Clue party dress, I didn’t buy anything new. I had heard that Alt was filled with as many fashion conscious woman as a tent at Bryant Park during NYFW, and while that was pretty much true, it was in a much more relaxed and fun approach (and atmosphere). I’ve learned over the last couple of years what I truly love, and have let go of that silly notion that you must have a new outfit for every occasion, so I focused on packing pieces that I knew were a bit stylish, but were also heavy on comfort. I also didn’t try to coordinate any new outfits, but stuck to what I knew worked and I felt good in.here, Silk Pants – Club Monaco but similar here, Booties – Stuart Weitzman, Necktie – Just Lovely Things}
The first day I wore one of absolute favorite outfits, seen exactly as is, in this post. I did add the cute Just Lovely Things gold sequin neck tie though to jazz it up a bit and received a lot of compliments on it. That’s the thing about Alt, no one bats an eye at sparkles and sequins during the day, it’s just par for the course. I love these pants beyond measure, which I know sounds ridiculous, but I have been able to wear them several times a week since about 4 weeks postpartum, and I love that I can wash them on the gentle cycle (even though they say dry clean only). I know they don’t seem like they would be flattering, but they are so forgiving and so comfortable. I felt very good on the first day.stand by outfit and added my DIY statement necklace, and a DIY crown I made at the Land Of Nod tea party that they hosted. I added tights and the same Stuart Weitzman booties and called it a day. Again, I was comfortable and felt really put together and polished. The very professional looking photos were taken by the lovely Leslie of Leslie Fandrich Photography. Thanks so much for indulging me Leslie!Blue Lily Photo, as well as Alix from a Ruffled Life and we had a great time chatting it up about totally inappropraite things. My other casual outfit was worn on Saturday during the day, when I chose to bring Hayden in with me. Very simple, just a neon yellow silk blouse and gray cashmere sweater, both from J. Crew, and my trusty Lauren Conrad skinny jeans! If you haven’t purchased these jeans yet on my advice, what are you waiting for people?! They’re on sale for $29.99 right now!Rouge & Whimsy clutch, and added the gold sequin neck tie and wore it as a headband! Again, no one bats an eye at sequins in the hair, or any part of your body.
So let’s break it down! Recap, tips and advice on packing for Alt, if you find yourself going in the future…
- 1 new item purchased (hooray!) Everything else was from my closet and worn exactly how I’ve worn them in the past. I didn’t worry about trying to be all fancy and switch things up, just stuck with what worked. Remember, If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
- Only wore 3 pairs of shoes the entire time! 1 low heel bootie, worn on Wednesday night and Saturday during the day, 1 high heeled bootie worn both Thursday and Friday and Friday night, and 1 pair of nude pumps worn Thursday night. Remember, no one is keeping track of how many outfit or shoe changes you have. Just focus on looking and feeling good and don’t worry about packing 20 pairs of shoes, because honestly no one pays attention!
- Kept my accessories minimal but all in the same color tone, gold, for ease of packing. I wore the same gold watch, rings, and pair of black and gold studs, and switched up a couple of the necklaces and added my ban.do pins where needed. And remember, ban.do is giving my readers a 20% discount site wide through 2/17 with the code fortheloveof!
- Wear layers because some conference rooms are hot and some are cold. It was great having the blazer and layered sweaters each day. I never felt like I had to wear my jacket this way.
- Your best asset is your smile, and a good handshake (or hug if you’re like me), so don’t stress and have fun!