April 4, 2014
Hi guys, and Happy Friday! Before I go on, can I just remind you all to enter this giveaway, for $100 credit to Kika and a beautiful gift basket from LaFresh? Also, I’m just 2 away from reaching 2000 Facebook fans on my page. I’d love to reach it this weekend! Thanks in advance. Okay, moving on.
I’m deep in the throes of party prep for the Cricut party I’m hosting tomorrow night at Oh Hello Friend’s studio. It will be a fun evening spent with friends and family, some who I’ve known for years, and some who I’ve been lucky enough to meet through blogging. It’s a day busy with spray painting and making desserts, but I still wanted to share a few things I’m really enjoying these days, and cute things I’ve found around the web.
1. This baseball tee from J. Crew is fantastic. It fits perfectly, it’s really soft, and is 25% off. This will be a Spring favorite, most definitely.
2. I don’t own these sandals, but they sure are chic, right? And quite affordable considering they look very high-end. The Lacey from ShoeMint.
3. I do own a pair of these Painted Bird hand-crocheted sandals though, and I am thoroughly enjoying them. Made in India, I found them at the Penelope Lane Boutique last weekend and have barely taken them off since. They are also having a 25% off discount code this weekend. I have the Mermaid color way and love it, but this more neutral pair, with a pop of color, are pretty too. They run big so size down!
4. I bought this nude Mac lipstick in Blankety a few months back, but have mostly been wearing it in the past few weeks. It’s a nice neutral shade for Spring and Summer.
5. My birthday is next week, and I’ve put rings from Another Feather on my wish list. This trio stacks beautifully.
6. Aren’t these hand painted wooden Easter eggs just gorgeous? There’s more designs too!
Other stuff I’m digging:
- This article titled, The Terrible Tragedy of the Healthy Eater, is the best thing I’ve read so far this year. Definitley tongue in cheek, I can relate to so much of it. I think us healthy eaters can be our own worst enemies, at times, and can demonize just about any food, if we try hard enough. Like my friend Mary said, “Makes me feel part of a well-meaning anxiety tribe.” Touche.
- These Easter basket filler ideas are great. Very cute and creative.
- This carrot cake sure is cute.
- New Parenting Study finds that if American parents read one more long-form think piece about parenting they will go fucking ape shit. Damn right.
Have a great weekend everyone!